Friday 15 July 2016

Barry Blount RIP

Loren Coleman has informed the cryptozoological community of the death of Barry Blount at his news website. I had been in correspondence with Barry a few times over his love for the Loch Ness Monster mystery.  By the time he had touched base with me, he was living in the province of British Columbia involved with the various cryptids in that part of the world. Now, if I had to leave Scotland, the beautiful province of British Columbia with its Sasquatch, Cadborosaurus and Ogopogo would be a pretty attractive option. Perhaps I'll get there one day.

Barry told me of an experience he had with Nessie once while pursuing the beast with a friend back in 1964. I published that account on this blog in 2013 and you can read it here. Barry also communicated some ideas to me including a novel one on the Lachlan Stuart photograph. You can read his document on that here.

Once again, rest in peace, Barry.



3 comments:

  1. Back in the 70s I sent my interpretation of the Lachlan Stuart photo to Tim Dinsdale suggesting that what is seen in the photo are actually three of the animals flippers noting the middle flipper seems closer to the camera. Tim replied as to the possibility, and accepted this might be the case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating account and interesting theory on the Lachlan Stuart photo.

    ReplyDelete