Tuesday 28 May 2013

Fort Augustus Abbey School




This blog is not only interested in the Loch Ness Monster but the general history and folklore of the people and places around the loch. Unfortunately, that can also involve the darker side of human nature. I hope that whatever happens here, the truth will be found out and the necessary actions taken.

Police investigate allegations of sex abuse at Catholic boarding school

Former pupil claims monks at closed boys' school Fort Augustus Abbey committed 'systematic, brutal, awful torture'

Link to original story here.

1 comment:

  1. I'm completely appalled to hear of this, and I hope that if there is any truth in the allegations, all guilty parties are brought to justice. As a lapsed Catholic, the various stories which have come to the fore in recent years have shocked me, and brought shame on my Church. That said, there are good and bad in all walks of life and all religions.

    Given the Loch Ness connection, I do hope that there has been nothing untoward in the behaviours of any of those associated with the monster phenomenon. Nessie and the 80 years of mystery can do without that taint.

    ReplyDelete